Author Topic: Removing the chassis from my Magnavox  (Read 54 times)

bmeister

• View Profile
Removing the chassis from my Magnavox
« on: January 20, 2018, 10:38:13 AM »
I have a Magnavox that I am not sure of the date but the face looks like the post of the 1971.
Mod# is 1P3836
S# is 6409005
Chassis # is R23106CA

I have removed the face by unscrewing the two nuts under the knobs and removing the two screws on the right side of the chassis and thought that I would be able to lift the chassis out so I could work on it but that didn't happen. Can any one tell me if it is secretly held in there some where else keeping it from lifting out? I have attached a couple of pictures. Thank you.
Bruce

electra225

• View Profile
Re: Removing the chassis from my Magnavox
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 08:39:01 PM »
I don't have a lot of experience with solid state Magnavox instruments.  That said, it is my understanding that there are certain caged bolts that require a special tool to remove in order to remove the chassis.  Hopefully, someone more experienced will chime in with more specific information. 
If it ain't broke, call me.  I can break it....

bmeister

• View Profile
Re: Removing the chassis from my Magnavox
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 09:56:12 AM »
I removed the nuts to get the face off and then removed two screws on the knob side of the chassis. At that point I thought it would lift out. The chassis sits in a plastic housing that looks like a box that is cut from one corner to the other. This housing is attached to the cabinet by screws that are not accessible with the chassis in place. If you look at the top you will see a channel in the plastic that looks as if the edge of the chassis slides down into it but that chassis is pretty stubborn and is not coming out. I can't seem to find any other place that the chassis is held in and was wondering if Magnavox has any other hidden fasteners still holding on to that chassis?