Author Topic: What happened to ARF??  (Read 402 times)

TC Chris

• View Profile
What happened to ARF??
« on: February 07, 2018, 07:04:46 PM »
So last night ARF went off and I can't pull it up now--something about "changing a host."  Is that like quitting your job to "spend more time with my family and pursue other opportunities?"  Or is it really just temprary?

Chris Campbell

HiFiFun

• View Profile
Re: What happened to ARF??
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 07:13:18 PM »
Chris,
Alan left a notice for 3-4 days that he was
changing website providers.
This is due to the current contract providing
bad service and charging long time customer ARF
more money than new customers.
The site will be back up in 1-2 days, as I remember.

Try to figure out inane capitalism/business sometimes !?
HFF

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 10:16:46 PM »
That sounds like how cable TV companies work.  Almost everybody I know (except me) figures out how to cheat the cable and satellite TV companies out of revenue.  Cox raises our rates every year.  You'd think with them losing customers, they would appreciate the ones they have.  I guess they work on the theory that although they lose money on each customer they lose, but they make that up in the ones they can overcharge.
I'm great at multi-tasking.  I can listen, ignore, and forget all at the same time.

TC Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 11:00:30 PM »
I wish I knew how to cheat them--turnabout is fair play.  I don't have a TV, just internet access, and Charter charges $64 per month.  Modern-day thievery. 

Chris Campbell

Motorola Minion

• Southern Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 01:42:49 PM »
These unregulated monopolies are all the same. Comcast is the only option I have for internet, since Verizon has not run any FIOS fiber in our semi-rural area. Internet and a landline costs $78 per month.
Tubes - Magical - Tubes

Dave

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 05:13:29 PM »
I work with a kid who claims to have figured out how to get into satellite TV without paying.  I don't know if it is legal or not.  He says you can buy "universal" satellite dishes and can "program" them yourself.   I'm not messing with HULU or any of that.  Life is too short.
I'm great at multi-tasking.  I can listen, ignore, and forget all at the same time.

TC Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 10:28:06 PM »
I work with a kid who claims to have figured out how to get into satellite TV without paying.  I don't know if it is legal or not.  He says you can buy "universal" satellite dishes and can "program" them yourself.   I'm not messing with HULU or any of that.  Life is too short.

That's my attitude toward TV--life is too short to waste it that way.  Music + projects + job + exercise + hobbies = full day. 

Chris Campbell