• View Profile
Fitbit
« on: February 14, 2018, 08:11:06 PM »
Do any of you have and use a Fitbit?

Bill

• View Profile
Re: Fitbit
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 08:36:01 PM »
I Don't but I have a friend that does.  He seems to love it.  Not sure why but he likes to keep track of his steps.

Bill

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 08:53:05 PM »
My snooty BIL has one.  Wears it all the time.  I don't see that it helps him any.  He is still a snooty know-it-all like he was before he got it.  He can tell you anything you want to know about him.  He thinks it is swell.   ;)
If it ain't broke, call me.  I can break it....

TC Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 09:34:42 PM »
I've got the little clip-on variety that measures steps and derives calories and distance from that.  It's not the fancy wrist variety.  I've had it for several years now.  I like knowing my daily step count, even though it's very predictable.  I have a job where they pay me to sit, so I have to get some movement in other parts of my life.  I tend to average about 12-13,000 steps/day except on weekends, when sometimes I'm lazy (except for X-C skiing in the winter, or cutting grass in the summer).

Now that I'm an old guy I can be eccentric as hell.  I ride the bike to work all winter (studded tires from Finland, fenders) and have a walking route that I do every day after work (in the dark in winter; now it;s getting light).  We need to build activity into our lives, at least those of us with bad dietary and smoking decisions as young people. 

I could drop the Fitbit now, but its nice to have some routines in life.

Chris Campbell

MEZLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 08:21:30 PM »
I got one for Christmas.  It does help me get off my butt and get some exercise.  All my old fart friends are getting into it too.   ;D

TC Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 08:31:14 PM »
Too soon old, too late smart.  Wow, did I ever discover the truth of that saying.  When it's too late to avoid your really stupid errors in life, you have to look forward and control those things you can control.  For me, it's diet and exercise.  I've got a pretty good diet and lots of exercise.

Why?  Well, I want to live long enough to restore all my cars and radios and phonos, and to enjoy them after that.   I'm aiming to live to 100.  Meanwhile, I'm still working full-time at age 70... and riding the bike to work.  Last night during our current Big Thaw (about 41 degrees at 8:30 or so) I went out and repacked the bottom bracket--the crankshaft--on my faithful Winter Warrior bicycle, the one with fenders and studded tires.  Something is getting crunchy.  Turns out it wasn't those bearings, although a repack didn't hurt them.

Chris Campbell

Harbourmaster

• Long Beach, CA 90808
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 07:52:18 PM »
I have 2 little girls, ages 2 & 3... no fitbit required!
-- Aloha, Ken

No Console Left Behind!