Author Topic: Volume Question- SK53CW  (Read 5010 times)

TC Chris

• View Profile
Re: Volume Question- SK53CW
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2019, 10:54:38 PM »
I've got the pump-style DeOxit can.  I pump some into a film canister then use an artist's brush to apply it to selector switch contacts, tube pins, etc.  It's easier to apply small amounts than with the tube on the pump can.

Chris Campbell

TC Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2019, 10:55:38 PM »
I've got the pump-style DeOxit can.  I pump some into a film canister then use an artist's brush to apply it to selector switch contacts, tube pins, etc.  It's easier to apply small amounts than with the tube on the pump can.

Chris Campbell

AC207

• 207-450-7299
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2019, 05:08:36 PM »
An update- I ended up selling this Motorola to a nice couple from New Hampshire.  The new owner broke a wire going to the cartridge trying to install a new stylus so I drove up this morning to try and help him out. After soldering the wire (actually, we re-soldered all four) the proper volume was restored to record player and no trace of a hum. 

The FM volume issue ended up being the result of a broken lead where one of the antenna wires connects.

In any case, the new owners are very happy and the Motorola even has its own room!
An honest man's pillow is his peace of mind.

TC Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2019, 10:43:19 PM »

In any case, the new owners are very happy and the Motorola even has its own room!

Wow, am I ever jealous!!  Room to display and use the equipment!!  I'm not one to be all unhappy about things I don't have, but I do feel covetous about space, having damned little of it.  The guy who wanted the old Maggie TV cabinet this summer has two full, finished rooms for his radio collection--one above the two-car garage, one in the house basement.  I'll confess to some jealousy there, too.

Chris Campbell

AC207

• 207-450-7299
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2019, 11:03:58 AM »

Wow, am I ever jealous!!  Room to display and use the equipment!!  I'm not one to be all unhappy about things I don't have, but I do feel covetous about space, having damned little of it.  The guy who wanted the old Maggie TV cabinet this summer has two full, finished rooms for his radio collection--one above the two-car garage, one in the house basement.  I'll confess to some jealousy there, too.

Chris Campbell

I couldn't get over how amazing it sounded- their house is very open and that room acts as a huge speaker... the sound was huge everywhere in the house- even at low volume.  I won't deny I had a little buyer's remorse for a moment.  Mostly I'm glad the owners will use this as intended- my greatest concern was someone buying it just to part it out.
An honest man's pillow is his peace of mind.

Motorola Minion

• Southern Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2019, 05:51:56 PM »
Isn't it great to find an appreciative buyer ;D 
Tubes - Magical - Tubes

Dave