Author Topic: Fisher Lincoln model 70 record changer, anyone have one?  (Read 360 times)

1959MagnificentMagnavox

• View Profile
Fisher Lincoln model 70 record changer, anyone have one?
« on: April 07, 2018, 07:27:00 AM »
I recently received a 1963 Fisher Lincoln changer, I was curious if anyone else had one. They are hard to find, and work on a vacuum system to play

walyfd

• View Profile
Re: Fisher Lincoln model 70 record changer, anyone have one?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 07:52:27 AM »
I'd love to just SEE one.  Rare as hens teeth.  Hear they're a bear to get working.

1959MagnificentMagnavox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 02:06:06 PM »
Yes they are a Bear to get working :) ill have to post some pictures of mine this week.

TC Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 11:05:30 PM »
I got one when I bought the innards from an E.H. Scott 510 custom console (true Scott fans get sniffy over these later models).  The Lincoln changer  had the vacuum pump and all so it could flip records over and play both sides.  But it had lots of specific rubber parts that had hardened and cracked from age.  I donated the device to a local musical instrument museum (The Music House, north of Traverse City).  It's a cool place--they have a huge Mortier mechanical dance-hall organ, a Wurlitzer from a theater, and many smaller musical devices.  Here's a link:
http://musichouse.org/

Chris Campbell

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 09:56:04 AM »
Chris,

Glad you are promoting the "Music House".  It's a real gem that everyone should see.

Bill