Author Topic: Rains it pours - good things come to those who wait  (Read 1099 times)

Tedrick

• View Profile
Rains it pours - good things come to those who wait
« on: April 20, 2018, 05:06:12 PM »
Ok - not a Pilot, Scott or Fisher -- but I was pleased to find a replacement receiver for my Magnavox Queen Anne's console I've been working on -
Earlier this week I realized that the intermittent issues were realized to a crack in the circuit board near the power supply connector -- UffDa!

I jumped on craigslist and found a similar era late 70s Maganavox console with the same receiver and record changer -
The receiver turns out to be one generation newer and is fully functional --

I'm cleaning up the record changers and am going to give each of them a try --

Today just for fun (because I'm an addict, I know -- ) I looked out on CL again and found another late 70s model with the same receiver and what looks like a nicer record changer --

Since I have one backup/donor system I don't think I'll rescue this one -- but still.... it's tempting to stock pile....

Attached is a photo of the Queen Anne shortly after I brought it home earlier this winter --

Bill

• View Profile
Re: Rains it pours - good things come to those who wait
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 08:11:21 PM »
I always liked the era of Magnavox furniture. 

Bill

Alfista

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 08:05:04 PM »
I dig that cool receiver  8)

-Tim

Motorola Minion

• Southern Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 12:31:03 PM »
That must have been one of the more expensive Magnavox consoles, it looks like a Dual record changer. Most Maggies had BSR's by then I think.
Tubes - Magical - Tubes

Dave

Tedrick

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 06:32:22 PM »
thanks - yes - this is a standard bsr changer -
one issue I'm having is the record changer does not auto reject at the end of a record --

I can see that someone modified the record changer to remove the disc platter holder -- in doing this, did they disable the auto reject?

Thanks,
T