Author Topic: I'm glad I did not toss this one...  (Read 525 times)

AC207

• View Profile
Re: I'm glad I did not toss this one...
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2018, 09:54:23 PM »
So I've been scouring the internet looking at every variety of suitcase style portable record player from the late 50's and early 60's.  I've been focused on what I thought was a fairly uncommon latch for that time (which is why I was asking to see images of closed units).

Based on the size (not small), design and latch I believe the unit that is available to me is a Motorola SH series... somewhere between the SH19Gl to SL22GL. In any case, they appear to be very cool players.  I won't know for certain until I pick it up but I'm hoping to get it this weekend.  In any case, the price is right!
An honest man's pillow is his peace of mind.

TC Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2018, 11:19:54 PM »
  I've been focused on what I thought was a fairly uncommon latch for that time (which is why I was asking to see images of closed units).

OK, a latch fetish... that's a new one.

Chris Campbell

AC207

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2018, 06:54:59 AM »
  I've been focused on what I thought was a fairly uncommon latch for that time (which is why I was asking to see images of closed units).

OK, a latch fetish... that's a new one.

Chris Campbell
LOL... good point.  What I should have added was the latch was distinctive and memorable so I was trying to use it to at least attempt to ID the brand.
An honest man's pillow is his peace of mind.