Author Topic: 1961 Magnavox Stereo Theatre Owners Manual In Downloads  (Read 310 times)

amglow

• Durham, NC
    • View Profile
1961 Magnavox Stereo Theatre Owners Manual In Downloads
« on: August 16, 2018, 03:50:06 PM »
I just uploaded the owners manual that came with my 1961 Stereo Theatre model 1-MV419M.  It's located under Downloads> Magnificent Magnavox> Manuals and Documentation.  Hope it's useful and makes an enjoyable read.
Paul

PanAm

• View Profile
Re: 1961 Magnavox Stereo Theatre Owners Manual In Downloads
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 08:06:26 PM »
Just what I needed. Thank you!

Alfista

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 09:50:37 AM »
Thanks Paul!

Though now I'm jealous because the manual mentions a telescoping TV antenna option that mine doesn't have!

-Tim

amglow

• Durham, NC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 10:50:44 AM »
Yeah, I know.  I don't have it either.  The model 419 also lacks the remote option.  However, It's a mute point in these days of digital broadcast signals.  Still would be nice to have, just to complete the set!
Paul

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 05:03:41 PM »
I have recently discovered that the remote control system adds complication to the restoration and even the documentation of a Stereo Theater.  The tuner chassis and the TV chassis are different to accommodate the remote control.  Sams does not print literature for Stereo Theaters with remote control.  You have to find factory documentation for it.  Like finding a needle in a haystack.  Or finding a Stereo Theater that is all in one piece.   ;)
I don't need Google.  My wife says she knows everything.

Alfista

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2018, 10:42:50 PM »
Wow, that does add complication. So my 5-knob with remote is different than a standard 5-knob, too? You'd think they would have made one model of remote tuner across the brand for financial reasons.

-Tim

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2018, 09:00:37 AM »
If you look at the video I posted in my ST thread, you will see a ST in the same cabinet as mine, but is a five-knobber.  We are dealing with Magnavox.  Anything is possible.  I would say as a general statement that the tuners and TV chassis in an instrument with remote control is different than one without.  Mine has an extra switch on the function switch to turn on the remote and there is a little motor/solenoid on the power switch for whatever reason.  There is a power interlock and a circuit breaker on ST cabinets that are typically not found on stereos.  The tuner in mine has an extra amplifier tube in it.  The fact I see that I don't like is that Magnavox down-rated the speakers in the later ST's.  Mine has 12's in it, where the 1961 version had 15's.
I don't need Google.  My wife says she knows everything.