Author Topic: help with schematic  (Read 390 times)

wkmc

• View Profile
help with schematic
« on: August 19, 2018, 04:35:21 PM »
Fisher Anniversary Series - The Georgian Ch 24-B "amp section"

hi to all
i just found vintage hifi.net, i have found a few interesting post.

this is my first go here, i do hope someone can help.
i have two of these 24b amps and would like to find a schematic, parts list and maybe some voltage readings
and i would pay really close attention if some upgrades were known. and or if someone can point me in a direction.
one of the guys on ak found a schematic part numbers were missing, but i did get a ok picture

what i know so far is these were made close to 1948, and i want to hear what people could listen to when i was first brought into this magic rock...

thanks all
bill

electra225

• View Profile
Re: help with schematic
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 10:09:50 PM »
First, welcome to our forum.

Second, I'm sorry that I'm probably not going to be much help. 

Third, if I understood your post right, you have a couple amplifiers you need information on.  This is a forum dedicated to console hi-fi's and stereos.  Component systems and hot-rodded audio is not normally something we get into too much here. 

I wish you well with your project.
I'm great at multi-tasking.  I can listen, ignore, and forget all at the same time.

wkmc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 03:25:17 PM »

Mr. Electra "2 1/4"
trying to follow your order...

thank you for your welcome

i am sorry that you will not be much help

yes i have two of these fisher amps that i need help with
these amps come from a fisher anniversary georigan cabinet(which i thought was classified as hifi)
these are/were not classed as component systems also my idea of of upgrades is not what you call Hot Rod but as improvements(you know like if it had selenium rectifiers most will replace those with silly cums!)

i am sorry i seem to misunderstand the reason of this forum, but i just want to build these amp sections mostly as they were when new, but improvements might be a little better too...
again sorry... i might not belong in this group, that will work just fine for me too...

wkmc@att.net
bill

BTW i am not trying to convert a piece of class into a guitar amp

TO ALL members
(I HAVE ONE NEW QUESTION PLEASE) can someone explain this?
"Please visit often and share your Hi Fi Console knowledge and information. We are always looking for catalogs, brochures, and manuals for all makes of consoles to share!"   (to share?) exactly what does this mean in your forum language?

VintageHiFi.net © | PSL
Theme by SMF Tricks
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
XHTML RSS WAP2

SeniorSteve

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 04:40:39 PM »
When I look up the "24B" amp for Fisher it seems to come up with a monoblock tube amplifier from the late 40's.  I think wkmc is trying to get the schematic along with any of the fisher updates for it.  I have a 2002 Sam's index, and that doesn't have any Fisher products in it that I could find.  I don't know if you have the model number of the console itself, but that might be helpful.  In any case here are a couple of links to try for Fisher information.

http://www.fisherconsoles.com/

https://www.vintageshifi.com/repertoire-pdf/Fisher.php

Good luck with your Fisher amps, what little I did see they do look to be high quality.

Steve

wkmc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 06:00:07 PM »
much thanks mr steve

radiomuseum states
The actual model number is currently unknown (can be one of G-1101A, G-1201, G501, or G-601).

but with my lack of computer skills did not help me.

thanks bill

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 09:24:48 PM »
Refer to the top of this page.  There you will find "Downloads".  Click on that and you will see several categories of information available to all members free of charge.  Anyone who has information to share on a console, whether mono or stereo, may download information to the forum.  All the information that is there was contributed by forum members. 
I'm great at multi-tasking.  I can listen, ignore, and forget all at the same time.

wkmc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2018, 09:36:05 AM »
i did not see it, but thank you
bil

SeniorSteve

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2018, 01:00:36 PM »
I was looking through the Fisher information but coudn't find a schematic with parts values on the 24-B.  You may want to take a look at the Fisher 100 audio amplifier as it uses the same output tubes 6L6/5881.  I did see a schematic for that one in my search, but didn't tag it - sorry.  In any case, that circuit may be similar enough for you to get an idea of values in your 24-B amplifiers.  You might even find a service booklet on Ebay.
Good luck on your search!

amglow

• Durham, NC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2018, 08:56:31 AM »
I just uploaded the 1947 Fisher Anniversary 24 service manual to the downloads section under downloads> vintage HiFi files> Fisher files.  This is an extremely hard to find manual, made available by member "Torskdoc".  So all thanks should go to him.  I believe this is what you are looking for "wkmc".
Paul

amglow

• Durham, NC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2018, 09:25:13 AM »
I also uploaded the 1947 Fisher Anniversary 24 tube layout & cabling diagrams to the downloads section under downloads> vintage HiFi files> Fisher files.  This is also made available by member "Torskdoc".  So all thanks should go to him.
Paul

wkmc

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2018, 02:56:10 PM »
thank you is nowhere close to what i owe you, as well thanks to Torskdoc
makes me feel as an eight year old on christmas morning...

thanks so much
bill

SeniorSteve

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2018, 03:25:33 PM »
I'll agree with Bill (wkmc), as there seems to be no limit of what's available on here as far as documentation.  If it's not here already, it seems somebody finds it and uploads that to the system.  Everybody on here is genuinely wanting to help which is what makes this forum so great.  I definitely am impressed with the quickness of someone finding that information.  Kudos to Amglow and Torskdoc.

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2018, 05:54:50 PM »
I agree, help is always just around the corner.

Bill

wkmc

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2018, 08:58:11 PM »
better when you know where to look, and that lets me out too many times
leave my name off

but yeah i have looked for so long
and the red suit delivered

amglow

• Durham, NC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2018, 01:27:34 PM »
All we ask in return is to please document, here on VintageHiFi.net, your amp restoration with your thoughts, finds, procedures, and opinions.  Pictures are a benefit, too, if you can add them. We love the conversation and spreading of the knowledge base. :-)

Thatís also how we learn what to look for.  I came across a book containing important detailed information needed for elecra225ís (Greg) 1962 Magnavox stereo theatre TV restoration.  I wouldnít have known such documentation was nearly unobtainium until he mentioned it in one of his restoration posts.  So when I found it, I immediately bought it, without a second thought. What helps him is his project will help us all in the future.
Paul