Author Topic: Telefunken  (Read 179 times)

hwystar

• View Profile
Telefunken
« on: August 19, 2018, 08:31:50 PM »
Local seller asking $2800. Pics are no good so I posted this link of one that sold on ebay. cabinet looks the same. Hers has a Reel to Reel in it. Crazy prices? She should not try to copy pricing from ebay when it is not realistic to do so. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mid-century-modern-Stereo-console-Telefunken-Teak-Record-player-Tube-Radio-Hifi/282991639660?hash=item41e39dbc6c:g:HUgAAOSwJslbEiUw

Bill

• View Profile
Re: Telefunken
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 07:18:51 AM »
Wow, she is certainly proud of it.   ;)

Bill

hwystar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 08:30:03 PM »
Seller said they would consider offers but we would be too far apart to even make an offer. They saw the one sell on ebay because they told me that is where they got their pricing from. I checked it out later and it went for almost $2300. Never mind that it was restored and gone through, never mind that they included shipping to anywhere for that price, never mind that ebay is an auction site with a world wide audience. etc. etc. So they decided to go $500 higher and let you talk them down I guess.

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 09:54:41 PM »
Another case of the decimal being misplaced, thereby testing Barnum's theory.   ;)
I don't need Google.  My wife says she knows everything.

TC Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 10:00:20 PM »
Another case of the decimal being misplaced, thereby testing Barnum's theory.   ;)

Proving it, I'd say.  To test it, make a reasonable offer.  Then offer it again a month later.

Chris Campbell