Author Topic: Collaro f200c adjustments  (Read 284 times)

ndes01njd

• View Profile
Collaro f200c adjustments
« on: September 03, 2018, 12:54:09 PM »
Cant find much info on these at all....

I have a 1958 or `59 model Modern Concerto with the automatic Collaro TT and have figured most of the adjustments out.

The problem I'm having with it is with the auto changer.

When I select the auto function, the tone arm scans for a record, the record drops then the tone arm sets down just shy of the lead in grooves of the vinyl.

I was hoping someone here could help steer me in the right direction and tell me where the adjuster is. Also it doesn't always scan. Sometimes it raises the tone arm and just sets it right back down on the perch.

ndes01njd

• View Profile
Re: Collaro f200c adjustments
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 03:48:18 PM »
Looks like I may have found some good info here: http://vintagehifi.net/index.php?action=dldir;sa=get;file=44;dl=43

TC Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 10:52:24 PM »
Nice find.  You've got the stereo version of my 1956 Magnasonic.  I've always liked the simple good looks of those boxes. 

Chris Campbell

ndes01njd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 04:21:42 PM »
Nice find.  You've got the stereo version of my 1956 Magnasonic.  I've always liked the simple good looks of those boxes. 

Chris Campbell

I had been looking for a junker cabinet that I could harvest the amplifier from.

Found these for a pretty good deal ($60). The furniture has some issues with the finish cracking on the lids and a few bumps from years of kirby abuse, but not horrible. They are definitely nice enough to be in the living room with no embarrassment.

So of course I couldn't get myself to gut them since they are way too cool and bad ass! Now I'm just going to gradually continue to repair them from all the years of neglect. The cool thing is that they are 100% functional except one tweeter that I can't hear, but they need a LOT of attention to make them live up to their potential.

TC Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 07:25:25 PM »
Check the crossover cap and continuity on the voice coil.  If it's actually dead, send a part no. and dimensions.  I've got a pair of Magnavox cone tweeters, one dead and one alive, and the live one might solve your problem.

Chris Campbell

TC Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 07:32:23 PM »
OK, Chris, pause before hitting "post."

I wanted to add that the transition from "salvage the guts" to "Hey, this is a cool device" is a frequent one.  My V-M 566 was sitting at curbside and I scooped it into the truck with plans to salvage what I could.  But when I got it home, I noticed that the mahogany was almost flawless and the innards were all pretty good.  The nice V-M 1200 changer was perfect.  I did part out a Philco console but that was because I found it after the snow drift that hid it had melted in the spring.  Not pretty.

Chris Campbell

ndes01njd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 08:44:21 PM »
Check the crossover cap and continuity on the voice coil.  If it's actually dead, send a part no. and dimensions.  I've got a pair of Magnavox cone tweeters, one dead and one alive, and the live one might solve your problem.

Chris Campbell

Thanks for the offer. I'm betting that it needs the crossover networks replaced. I haven't put a tester on anything yet, but as soon as fall comes I will be diving in and fixin shit. So far I have only had to replace a weak tube to get the external cabinet to keep up with the main cabinet, deox the pots and tune up the TT to enjoy it a bit, but as I stated before it needs a lot of freshening up.

If anyone has one for sale, I am in need of one of the Magnavox badges that goes on the front cloth. You can see I'm missing one in the picture above.

ndes01njd

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2018, 08:51:54 PM »
OK, Chris, pause before hitting "post."

I wanted to add that the transition from "salvage the guts" to "Hey, this is a cool device" is a frequent one.  My V-M 566 was sitting at curbside and I scooped it into the truck with plans to salvage what I could.  But when I got it home, I noticed that the mahogany was almost flawless and the innards were all pretty good.  The nice V-M 1200 changer was perfect.  I did part out a Philco console but that was because I found it after the snow drift that hid it had melted in the spring.  Not pretty.

Chris Campbell

Yea, I just parted out a Curtis Mathes console. Hated to do it but it was roached! Got some nice speaker cloth, a decent working CM branded BSR TT, some tubes and speakers though.