Author Topic: Magnavox Berkshire Help  (Read 95 times)

Tubeglowpio

• View Profile
Magnavox Berkshire Help
« on: September 21, 2018, 03:00:41 PM »
Hey guys, just picked up a Magnavox Berkshire that I would like to restore, it needs everything rebuilt and a new power transformer.  Please help by posting or sending me the schematic for a 150 CB Amp and CR730 Tuner, thanks guys, hope to restore this nice console soon.
Loving music more every day

electra225

• View Profile
Re: Magnavox Berkshire Help
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 03:05:18 PM »
Go to the top of this page.  Click on "Downloads".  Scroll down to "Magnificent Magnavox."  Click on "Amps" and scroll down to the AMP150.  Then go to "Tuners", scroll down to the 730 schematic and download it. 
I'm great at multi-tasking.  I can listen, ignore, and forget all at the same time.

Tubeglowpio

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 03:51:41 PM »
Thank you! I'm glad to see the tuner transformer is just a filament transformer so looks like all I may need for new iron is a power transformer, this will be an expensive rebuild and hopefully will sound as nice as it will look.

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 04:43:19 PM »
Do you know for sure the transformer is dead?

Bill

Tubeglowpio

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 05:04:45 PM »
Yeah, I'm getting 120volts in and only filament voltage out. I don't see any burned cathode resistors and the choke still reads good so not too sure what happened. Tried to find a suitable power tranny with 5volts at 6amps but no luck so guess Ill have to have a separate filament transformer for the two 5u4 tubes.

Tubeglowpio

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 08:18:13 PM »
once I looked at the schematic I saw which pins to jump and I was able to read high voltage once I disconnected the tuner, strange.  Pretty sure it was just not making good contact.