Author Topic: 1959 Imperial Wired Remote question  (Read 165 times)

1959MagnificentMagnavox

• View Profile
1959 Imperial Wired Remote question
« on: November 06, 2018, 01:43:19 PM »
Hi guys
i just bought a imperial wired remote, The plug piece that plugs into the two prong plug coming from the changer was off of the remote. I assume it was soldered to 2 of the points on that bracket piece with the two caps on it. It has a green and grey wire coming off of it. Can someone tell me or better yet tale a picture and post it for me so i can see where the two wires goto on it? other than that its all there.
Thanks for your help with this.

Mike

electra225

• View Profile
Re: 1959 Imperial Wired Remote question
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 01:48:37 PM »
Are you replacing a remote on an instrument that was factory equipped with remote control, or adding remote control to an instrument that was not factory equipped?

The wires should be color coded.......
I'm great at multi-tasking.  I can listen, ignore, and forget all at the same time.

1959MagnificentMagnavox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 01:58:16 PM »
Hi
no it was missing and found it
i have all the pieces, the round plug is the one i assume goes to the 2 prongs coming off of the  changer. those plug info this
wheres the 2 wires coming from the plug go to on the bracket with the 2 caps?
all i need is some pictures and i can see where they go
its just a green and grey wire
everything else i know where it goes

1959MagnificentMagnavox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 02:05:18 PM »
Pictures below
See the round plug in the picture? I assume that plugs into the changer prongs for the solenoud? Ok
Thereís two wires coming off this round plug
A green and grey
I assume they connect to two points in the bracket
Picture enclosed
Can someone show me where they go to on bracket with caps
Everything else is connected fine
Thanks
All I need is some pictures to show where the two wires solder to is all

1959MagnificentMagnavox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 02:06:10 PM »
Other photo of plug

1959MagnificentMagnavox

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 02:30:45 PM »
Iím confused, all I need is a picture showing where these two leads from this connector go to in the bracket,
I just need to know where the two points on the panel the green and grey
Wire solder to us all
I have read many of you have this remote, can someone please help a fellow collector out and snap a few pictures of theirs so I can see

?

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2018, 09:01:52 PM »
I wish I could help, but I do not have anything Magnavox with a remote.  I'm hoping someone on the forum will come through for you.  Give it some time.  Most do this as a hobby, and have busy lives.   :)

Bill

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 09:08:25 PM »
You may be on the hunt for some factory documentation.  Your only hope is someone on here has the information you need.  I wish you the best of luck.
I'm great at multi-tasking.  I can listen, ignore, and forget all at the same time.

1959MagnificentMagnavox

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2018, 07:42:39 AM »
Thank you and Bill for replying at least. I know people on here have that remote, I have read the posts, all I need is a picture, if someone can take 3 seconds to take a few and post them id get my answer. They came unsoldered in shipping from the bracket. I'm hopeful someone will reply :)
Thanks guys

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2018, 09:42:37 AM »
Please remember that the wireless remote, Phantom Control, used in the Concert Grand models and some models of Imperial, is a completely different system, apparently, then the wired remote control systems.  I am not aware of another member on this forum that has a wired remote on an Imperial.  I have only seen one in my life, and that was in pictures.  My CG remote control system does not have the components you have posted pictures of.  Again, sorry I can't be of more help.  Best of luck.

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2018, 02:45:51 PM »
I have run thru my documentation and, for the life of me, can't come up with what we need to know.  Looking at the pictures you posted, it seems to me that the green and black wires are positive and negative for an audio circuit.  The gray wire and its unidentifiable partner (blue, maybe?) appear to go to the remote control.  Those are the ones you are concerned with, right? 

That being the case, and with information scarce to non-existant, you will need to punt.  I'd think that if the wires were torn away that you would see remnants of wiring shards left behind.  Again, looking at the little circuit board via electronic communication, it should be possible to figure out where the wires connected by referencing these remnants.

There are several Imperial instruments owned by members of this forum, but I am not aware of any that have wired remote.  Most of the remote control conversations I have been able to find concern the wireless system on Concert Grand (and some Imperials).  Don't feel too bad if you don't have anybody provide much information.  We'll get this figured out eventually.

TC Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2018, 03:13:39 PM »
It's also worth looking at how the wired remote works--is it just some switches with a common return or ground?  If it's just switches, then polarity probably doesn't matter. 

Chris Campbell

ed from Baltimore

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2018, 03:20:24 PM »
   It is still worth trying out the remote circuit. The wires may have just muted the audio during remote motor operation to prevent noise in the speaker   

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2018, 03:53:14 PM »
I realize the systems are different, but the audio in the remote on my Stereo Theater runs thru the remote control chassis.  That is how the volume is controlled.  The remote system modulates the audio fed to the tuner chassis and the amplifier.  I'd wager his system is similar, witnessing the green and black wires on that little board. 

danrclem

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2018, 05:19:44 PM »
The green wire is attached to the terminal strip in the top left hand corner.  The grey wire is attached to the top right where another gray wire attaches to it also.  The top of the bracket flips upside down to be mounted to the cabinet.