Author Topic: Collaro turntable  (Read 63 times)

Mel Layrisson

• View Profile
Collaro turntable
« on: November 08, 2018, 10:54:17 AM »
On my collaro, when I put a record on... it drops the record tone arm then raises and sits back down and turns off.  I'm a little stumped.

Bill

• View Profile
Re: Collaro turntable
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 06:29:06 PM »
Only on one record, or when you play more than one?

Bill

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 09:11:10 PM »
The tone arm needs to tap the edge of the record in order to index the changer.  Look to see that this happens.  If not, you will have to adjust the tone arm so it taps the edge of the record.  There is an adjustment for that.  The service information is available in Downloads at the top of this page.  Good luck.
I'm great at multi-tasking.  I can listen, ignore, and forget all at the same time.

Motorola Minion

• Southern Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 11:08:23 AM »
I have a 1967 Micromatic W620 that does this too, but tone arm taps the record - then goes to rest before it shuts off. If I find out what is out of whack, Ill post it here.
Tubes - Magical - Tubes

Dave

TC Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 06:31:37 PM »
These record changers are pretty sturdy devices. They tend not to break or fail unless physically abused.  If they haven't been beaten or broken, then the problem is likely to be lubrication: petrified old lube and need for appropriate new lube. Old lube will make the parts not move where and when they are supposed to.  The cleaning and re-lubing process really isn't that  hard.  Photos help if the memory is frail so you can reassemble properly.  And if you're worried about a small spring escaping and hiding out, do the disassembly--reassembly in a big box.  That's the standard advice for rebuilding winches on a sailboat, where the worst sound is bounce-bounce-splash.  On the boat, cut a hole in a box and drop it over the winch, then take apart & reassemble.

We all love shortcuts and work-arounds.  I do.  But sometimes the best solution is just getting to work.

Chris Campbell