Author Topic: GE model RM3100  (Read 198 times)

hermitcrab

• View Profile
GE model RM3100
« on: November 23, 2018, 06:17:18 PM »
Picked this one up off the curb... is just a phono , no radio... cabinet is in pristine condition... needs work, searched for a schematic ... even on the sams photofact site... they don't list the model .... maybe I need to search with the chassis number? ... anyone by chance have a schematic for this model?
Thanks
Elton

HiFiFun

• View Profile
Re: GE model RM3100
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 06:44:13 PM »
Yes, do a search by chassis number if it is stamped on the chassis box.

There is a GE RC3100 in Sams at 646-7 from 1963.

You gave us no info on the amp, so that would help.
Post photos of it, with pertinent amp info.
HFF

hermitcrab

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 02:33:16 PM »
Thanks that was what I was looking for.... too bad Sams downloadable files are the worst I have ever seen...
Elton

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 08:02:49 AM »
Photo's please!   ;)

Bill

SeniorSteve

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 09:50:51 AM »
Another place you can try is Steven Johnson's website.  Here's the link for it  https://stevenjohnson.com/manuals/schematics.htm
Even though a lot of the schematics are Sam's photofact folders, his scans are MUCH better then the ones that Sam's sends out.  They are usually much less costly, and a better product (higher resolution scan).  I won't download from Sam's anymore because of their quality.

Steve

Motorola Minion

• Southern Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2018, 08:21:03 AM »
Yes, do a search by chassis number if it is stamped on the chassis box.

There is a GE RC3100 in Sams at 646-7 from 1963.

You gave us no info on the amp, so that would help.
Post photos of it, with pertinent amp info.
HFF

Larry, I have that SAMS if you don't, scanning is not so easy these days. The GE I just picked up and another I got 6 months ago really have very different amps, but share VM 1200 series record players. I have not got into either one yet. :-[ I'm doing my RCA tube and Fisher SS consolesthis dark season.

One AMP is SE 6AQ5 and 12AX7 and the other PP 7355, perhaps a hotter version of 6V6 . Both AMPS are on PC boards, like only GE would do :-\, meaning a playdate with the soldering iron is necessary, using 18-ga. bare wire to lifted traces and tube socket pins.
Tubes - Magical - Tubes

Dave

hermitcrab

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2018, 09:00:00 PM »
Thanks... I did get it from Steve Johnson... his scans are high quality, and 1 page at a time... not like Sams photofact where they cram 2 pages on to a single scan and charge premium for them...
Elton