Author Topic: A "Public Service Announcement"....  (Read 521 times)

ukfan4sure!

• View Profile
A "Public Service Announcement"....
« on: January 28, 2019, 03:03:49 PM »
Guys, if you need something, there are a lot of people willing to help.  But please help them help you.  If you provide a photo of what you need, that helps a ton.  I've got a lot of spare parts, especially Magnavox, but I might not remember that it went on a model 1st456-xx, for example. 

I see a lot of people asking for something but providing no clue as to what it looks like.
Professional Smoke Releaser

TC Chris

• View Profile
Re: A "Public Service Announcement"....
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 07:58:54 PM »
It's especially so with this group, which makes posting photos so easy... unlike AFR, which requires resizing, a huge PIA because I always forget the drill between posts and have to learn all over again.  Here, it's just "click" and it's attached.

Chris Campbell

Motorola Minion

• Southern Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 10:23:52 AM »
A good example is a 2-piece Motorola SK-17 console in FP walnut, for which I need the companion speaker. I posted a photo of the head-end half.
Tubes - Magical - Tubes

Dave

Harbourmaster

• Long Beach, CA 90808
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 03:13:40 PM »
Excellent advice, assuming of course that you actually have (or can find) a photo of the thing you are seeking.  :o
-- Aloha, Ken

No Console Left Behind!

ukfan4sure!

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 08:01:47 PM »
Excellent advice, assuming of course that you actually have (or can find) a photo of the thing you are seeking.  :o

If it's a photo you need, chances are Mr. Google has one.  Some people are better at keyword searches, though.  I'll give you that.
Professional Smoke Releaser

TC Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 08:40:45 PM »
It depends on the function of the photo.  I understand that some people on dating sites use photos of people who are younger, fitter, and better-looking than the real thing. Now in the electronics world, that's OK if you're just trying to illustrate a mystery device.  But if you're selling something, it turns into fraud.

I've never quite figured out the logic of the fake photos on the dating sites.  If the idea is to get together with somebody, surely they're going to notice the discrepancy, and that is pretty likely to derail the whole project at the beginning.

Chris Campbell