Author Topic: Custom Stereo Cabinet  (Read 355 times)

picard

• Pensacola. Florida
    • View Profile
Custom Stereo Cabinet
« on: January 31, 2019, 10:40:20 AM »
Picked this up yesterday. If I can remember correctly  there was a member on here that had some knowledge on these custom unit's . Everything seems to date around 1970.
It has a Pioneer SX-990,Perpetuum Ebner PE-220 TT and a Sony TC-355 RTR. No marking's on the cabinet but I think It came from overseas's because I think I can make out Okinawa on a  stamp on a inside wood panel. I'll get some better picture's this weekend.

TC Chris

• View Profile
Re: Custom Stereo Cabinet
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 09:16:37 PM »
A friend has a beautiful teak equipment cabinet made for him in Asia, maybe Taiwan?? when he was in the Navy.  It was "semi-custom," I think, meaning that they probably took a standard design for their shop and modified the innards to fit his equipment.  I was a small-shop deal, not a brand name.

Chris Campbell

picard

• Pensacola. Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 06:42:56 AM »
There is a big Navy base here in Pensacola . I'm always finding items these guys brought back from where they were stationed back then. It is a nice cabinet and really well built
but takes up so much space. I pulled the component's and the cabinet went to the dump this morning

Alfista

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 08:24:49 AM »
The Pioneer in particular was a good find, I hope it all works. No speakers?
-Tim

picard

• Pensacola. Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 09:42:35 AM »
The Pioneer was the best part of the whole deal but it was missing the wood case. I got one coming off Ebay . They had some Coral BX-85 ALCOVE SPEAKERS priced separately at $40. They had to be with that system because the Pioneer speaker plugs were still on the end of the speaker wire.

Alfista

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2019, 10:44:06 AM »
I hope they let you take the plugs off the Corals, seems like I was getting $15.00 per plug for Pioneer originals a couple years ago.

I don't know what's in the BX-85, but some Coral drivers go for good money. They could surely be parted out for more than the asking price. Hopefully whoever picks them up will try to appreciate them.

-Tim

picard

• Pensacola. Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2019, 08:38:40 PM »
I bought the Coral speakers also but haven't tried them yet

firedome

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 09:34:26 AM »
Why not donate the cabinet for free on CL? Unless it was too far gone, someone might be able to put it to use? Just my $.02, ymmv.
Happy Motoring! from Roger in NY