Author Topic: Zenith X938  (Read 113 times)

husker

• View Profile
Zenith X938
« on: April 03, 2019, 02:37:34 PM »
-Been given my Mom's Zenith X938 consule and now bringing it home to live with me. The record player still works. The AM/FM does not come on or light up when turned on. It's prob a 8.5/10 on the finish...has about a nickel-sized ding on the lid and a couple light cat claw scratches on the top. Haven't cleaned it up yet. Looking to find someone around the KC area to go thru it. Thing is 70" long. Console was purchased new in ?'67?. CANNOT FIND the manuals/schematics to go with it. Anyone give me any info on manuals/schematics, the set itself, separate amp, size of amp, etc., quality of record player, needle info? Regards and Thanks!

-As soon as I acquired this machine I did go to fb and joined a couple of groups which discuss older consoles. What I have been informed of so far...Zenith X938: 'X' a '67 model. Included are two attachments.

-My personal present setup is '88 era NAD 1300 and 2600, NAD tuner, big screen TV, Samsung dvd/ w/USB port for thumbdrive and stand alone hard drive going into Klipsch Chorus, forte' and Heresy.

TC Chris

• View Profile
Re: Zenith X938
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 06:56:12 PM »
I have been using Howard's for various finish-improvement projects.  It did a good job on the flood-affected bottom 10" of my ca. 1940 Sparton console, and on a gate-leg table I use in my office for meeting people. But it performed best of all on the Maggie FM-33 radio that I posted about yesterday.  Wow, from faded glory to rich walnut, in two applications.

Chris Campbell

husker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 08:29:58 PM »
Thanks...will give it a try-

husker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 06:10:17 PM »
Used the Howards restorafinish and feed and wax on the console. Makes a good difference!
Thanks for the info-