Author Topic: Packing & Shipping Carriers Request  (Read 204 times)

EPA4368

• View Profile
Packing & Shipping Carriers Request
« on: April 11, 2019, 04:41:03 AM »
I'm looking for Carriers that will pick-up, provide packaging if needed, and delivery of a '68 Zenith Console, or a '58 RCA Stand Alone Console in the US?

Sellers through eBay and Private Sales offer "Free Local Pickup" and in some listings, will also have "Freight - Read the Item Description or Contact the Seller for Details" as another option, but don't have options on Carriers.

voxACthirtee

• View Profile
Re: Packing & Shipping Carriers Request
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 04:06:42 PM »
Uship is what a lot of people use. Unless you arrange specific "packaging" before hand i don't think Uship people would do more than shipping blankets. I have never shipped one, and probably wouldn't. I'm sure there are freight places that are like a UPS store and will pack and ship. I'd hazard a guess that you will pay DEARLY for that service.
Consider what a UPS store will charge to "Package" and ship a shoe.
A console would be a LOT more.
There's no easy, super safe, reasonably priced solution.
Often times the best way is to borrow/rent a truck or van and make the long trip yourselfso you know it will arrive safely. Most of us here have done it at one point or another.

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 09:26:52 PM »
You are going to have a FORTUNE in anything you have crated and shipped.  Then you may get some moose on a forklift that messes the whole deal up.  I'm too paranoid.  Anything very big or very delicate or irreplaceable should be hauled in person.  That will not be cheap.  "Cheap" does not exist anymore when it comes to shipping.  That should be the safest way.  If it gets messed up when you haul it, you at least know who to blame!  Good luck.

Another thing to consider is insurance.  The shipping company may offer insurance, but the replacement/repair value is MARKET value, not agreed value or what YOU think it's worth.  An old TV set is essentially worthless on the open market.  If they damage it in transit, for any reason, or for no reason, their fault or not, you have essentially lost your TV.  I learned this the hard way.

I have no idea who to refer you to.  Sorry I can't be more help.
I don't need Google.  My wife says she knows everything.

Harbourmaster

• Long Beach, CA 90808
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 09:26:06 PM »
https://plycongroup.com/services/packing-crating/

I know of one collector that used them to ship a CG form Coast to Coast and the cost was just under $500.
-- Aloha, Ken

No Console Left Behind!