Author Topic: K600 Turntable, help Identify this needle  (Read 985 times)

Paulie82

• View Profile
Re: K600 Turntable, help Identify this needle
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2019, 09:45:08 PM »
I'm going to replace the cartridge with a kit from VOM,  there was an additional # under the TT, 523114-1 not sure if that is more specific model #.

Did pull the 78 needle, appears its just glued on,  this closest LP needle found was
http://www.turntableneedles.com/Needle-460-_p_1068.html
with the diamond tip runs about same as kits.

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2019, 10:49:45 PM »
That number is a production number.  The "523" is maybe pertaining to the 23rd week of 1965.  The "114" is a manufacturer's code and the "1" is either a run number or a shift number.  In any case it is meaningless when ordering a cartridge.
I don't need Google.  My wife says she knows everything.

Paulie82

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2019, 06:47:15 AM »
Realized hadn't followed up with how this turned out.  Contacted Gary at VOM  and was able to get a LP needle from him to replace the missing one.  Unfortunately the output on one channel was still weak ( did a connectivity test later on the old cartridge and one side failed). 
There was no direct replacement cartridge  in stock, ( found the cartridge was a 560275-1)  VOM had a replacement kit which was going to take a bit of soldering/gluing.   I got a bit distracted with family stuff and forget to order it,  when got back to looking, happen upon a Astatic 711  posted on $bay.  Took a chance on this unused cartridge since it would be a direct replacement,  luckily it worked out.

Now equal sound on both on both channels, have to say sounds great  , seems like richer then my '67 solid state (not re-capped) ,  though could be bias since put some time into this tube maggie.

So mostly done with this unit and my wife may even let me put it in the family room. Time to start re-capping the ~57 maggie inherited from my grandfather  :)

Thanks to everyone for the help.