Author Topic: My Fisher Adventure  (Read 226 times)

hermitcrab

• View Profile
My Fisher Adventure
« on: October 02, 2019, 03:25:57 PM »
Rec'd a box of parts from a friend , these were sitting in a hay loft in a barn . After researching I found this was a ambassador 691A with the 69T chassis, and the speakers still attached to the original boards. ... after de-rusting and cleaning out all the mouse dens , I fired it up and it played great , only found one bad cap in the set, the 1009 Dual Turntable was rusted heavily under the deck so after soaking in navel jelly and re-lubing it also played again... So what to do with this stuff? leaving it in boxes was not good enough for me
Elton

TC Chris

• View Profile
Re: My Fisher Adventure
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 10:08:23 PM »
Wow, what a great project!  How many people have built themselves a console?

What's the speaker complement in it?

Chris Campbell

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 06:24:43 AM »
Beautiful craftsmanship Elton.  I'm impressed!  You must have some wood working shop? 

How's the RCA Stereo theater coming?

Bill

macgolf

• 1960 Philco H-1916
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 07:01:15 AM »
I can see it now, a console kit for those who just have to have one. Great save and thanks for sharing your impressive and beautiful dedication and work.

Mark

1988bluebird

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2019, 04:40:00 PM »
Rec'd a box of parts from a friend , these were sitting in a hay loft in a barn . After researching I found this was a ambassador 691A with the 69T chassis, and the speakers still attached to the original boards. ... after de-rusting and cleaning out all the mouse dens , I fired it up and it played great , only found one bad cap in the set, the 1009 Dual Turntable was rusted heavily under the deck so after soaking in navel jelly and re-lubing it also played again... So what to do with this stuff? leaving it in boxes was not good enough for me

Nice work!  I like the way you angled the chassis and dial face in the cabinet for easy viewing.  ;D
My consoles:
1939 Zenith AM console 8S359
1949 RCA Victor AM/FM "dual phonograph" console 9W105
1958 RCA Victor New Orthophonic HI-FI phonograph console SHF-6
1950 Magnavox Wedgewood AM/FM phonograph console CR-216

hermitcrab

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2019, 09:53:23 PM »
Wow, what a great project!  How many people have built themselves a console?

What's the speaker complement in it?

Chris Campbell
Thanks ...This has the 12" woofer, 2-5" midrange, and 2" tweeter on each side
Elton

hermitcrab

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2019, 09:58:51 PM »
Beautiful craftsmanship Elton.  I'm impressed!  You must have some wood working shop? 

How's the RCA Stereo theater coming?

Bill
Hi Bill...No not really... my tools are a craftsman 10" table saw, a miter saw, and a router... nothing special... the RCA is currently in progress.. the chassis is out of it right now ...it has a problem in horizontal circuit... the output tube red plates so it probably needs new caps in that circuit and there is no signal coming though the front end... (tuner)
Elton

hermitcrab

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2019, 10:01:46 PM »

Nice work!  I like the way you angled the chassis and dial face in the cabinet for easy viewing.  ;D
[/quote]
Thanks! actually the angled controls is the way the original was according to the fisher web site for this model...
Elton

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2019, 07:24:44 PM »
Keep up the good work Elton, and good luck with the RCA stereo theater.

Bill