Author Topic: Magnavox "little" Imperial  (Read 914 times)

electra225

• View Profile
Magnavox "little" Imperial
« on: October 04, 2019, 10:06:22 AM »
I am officially starting my search for a 1961 model 1ST660, 1ST661, or 1ST662 Magnavox "little" Imperial stereo.  The model 1ST665 is built in the 60" Stereo Theater cabinet with record storage where the TV is housed.  It does not have casters, so it goes to the bottom of the list.  I'd really rather have one of the three smaller models.  I might consider a 1962 model if it is well-documented and is a six-knobber.  I can't have one in an Antique Ivory cabinet.  I'm looking for the "just right" model like I did with the Stereo Theater.  Location will be a determining factor.  I need to be able to go get it myself.  I appreciate any leads I can get.
I don't need Google.  My wife says she knows everything.

Bill

• View Profile
Re: Magnavox "little" Imperial
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 06:15:25 PM »
And the search is on!  ::) ::) ::) ;) ;) :) :) ;D

Bill

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 10:54:50 PM »
To be clear, I won't reject a 665 out of hand.  That was my preferred model until I found they don't have casters.  They are just too heavy for old people to move around without casters.  Early 1961 models might not have an "FM AFC" position on the function switch, the later models do have that and it is a nice feature.  I have no  idea what a 1962 model little Imperial would have, since I don't recall ever seeing one.  And thank you, Bill, for your encouragement.  I know you'll be the biggest duck in the puddle when it comes to looking for one.   ;D :)

danrclem

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2019, 09:02:20 PM »
Here's what appears to be a 1961 ST660.  The location is Cincinnati, Ohio so that'll probably put a damper on this one but just in case.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2529642940598133/?surface=product_details

TC Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 11:01:21 PM »
I've got friends in Cinci who could probably take a peek for you--they're retired folks, which means they may have time on their hands if they're not traveling to some exotic location.  But then there's the issue of shipping....

Chris Campbell

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2019, 09:55:11 AM »
Thanks, Dan and Chris.  It says it's not available anymore on the ad.  I appreciate the offer of a co-conspirator for this deal.  That's what it took for the Concert Grand and the Stereo Theater, and, to a lesser extent, the Imperial.  We'll find one.   :) :)

danrclem

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2019, 05:07:50 PM »
Hmmmm, I'm not seeing the not available on the link when I click it.  I figured the distance would be too far for you Greg but if it is still available it maybe somebody else can get it.  It said best offer so I'm thinking that $75.00 or less might get it.

Hope you find one close. 

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2019, 05:20:41 PM »
The pictures loaded this time.  It's an early 1961 without AFC.  It's in nice shape.  Thanks for the link.