Author Topic: Help with Micromatic S600 Tone Arm Resting Position  (Read 103 times)

sjdefranco

• View Profile
Help with Micromatic S600 Tone Arm Resting Position
« on: October 08, 2019, 05:49:00 AM »
I am having an issue with the end position of the tone arm of my S600. During shut off, you'll see from the attached video that the arm moves past the tone arm rest and sets down. The unit is level but may not look so in the video.

I have cleaned and lubricated the unit per Larry D's post as well as videos by Console Stereo Rescue.

Can anyone advise how to adjust the tone arm to set down in the correct position?

Many thanks!

https://youtu.be/WtM3vb4E97Y

electra225

• View Profile
Re: Help with Micromatic S600 Tone Arm Resting Position
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 02:15:00 PM »
To quote the service literature: "the adjustment is located in the base plate, just forward of the tone arm pivot".  To access said literature, go to the top of this page, find "Downloads" click on "Magnificent Magnavox' scroll down, click on "Changers", then scroll down to "600 series".  Good luck.
I don't need Google.  My wife says she knows everything.

sjdefranco

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 03:21:38 PM »
Thank you.

I read this in the manual previously, but assumed it only applied to the tone arm set down position at the start of the record and not the return to rest position.

I will give it a try.

sjdefranco

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 11:42:18 AM »
Resolved.

I had to adjust the arms and screws on the Friction Clutch Assembly so that the tone arm returned to rest properly.

electra225

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 12:33:26 PM »
Good job!   :) :)
I don't need Google.  My wife says she knows everything.