Author Topic: Just brought home a fisher premier  (Read 574 times)

walyfd

• View Profile
Re: Just brought home a fisher premier
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2019, 05:54:26 PM »
I'm guessing you're asking about the mpx or multiplex.  It is an additional FM stereo decoder that splits the FM signals to produce FM stereo.

You'll notice on your radio that you can play an FM channel on the left and an AM on the right (or vice Verse because I can't remember off hand).  Prior to FM stereo broadcasting, stations would transmit stereo programs on both AM and FM bands simultaneously.  One band carried left channel and the other the right that was heard as stereo.

delco1946

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2019, 11:42:04 PM »
Thanks

delco1946

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2019, 11:59:03 PM »
For some reason I can

Burnsy949

• Just getting started with consoles.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2019, 09:30:05 PM »
I’ve noticed the same issue with posting replies via iPad.  I’ve had to resort to copying the text befor saving my reply, and then going back using the “edit reply” button and using a “paste” command to put the text back in so I don’t have to retype everything.  It’s annoying but seems to work. 
1947 Magnavox 148B - CR-197D chassis, 1961 1ST611 Concerto Far Eastern Contemporary.

ed from Baltimore

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2019, 11:07:43 AM »
              I stopped using three or four periods to pause what I was typing because any more than three periods in a row would truncate the rest of what you were typing and it wouldn't post. I will try it now...

ed from Baltimore

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2019, 11:09:30 AM »
     See? I typed six periods then typed "Did that work?" but it disappeared after 3 periods.

hermitcrab

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2019, 12:27:44 PM »
Ed,  I do the same thing when I pause I put periods, guess I can't do that here, it does erase the rest of the sentence .
Elton

Motorola Minion

• Southern Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2019, 08:51:39 PM »
For some reason I can

I can assure you its a windows problem ::) I can read your question, all my Fishers are newer but as for adding MPX unit -
Fisher later put a subchassis on the tuner-preamp, like H-K and some others at the tube era's end.

The 490T and 590T used in my Custom Electra VII Warwick and Ambassdors have a 2 or 3-tube decoder neatly packaged, I did not replace any but the orig film/paper caps in that section. Its got two ratio detectors, lots of diodes :P
Tubes - Magical - Tubes

Dave