Author Topic: Hello from Phoenix, AZ  (Read 516 times)

Bill

• View Profile
Re: Hello from Phoenix, AZ
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2019, 07:56:53 AM »
Morning Lars,

To start, I would continue to apply DeOxit and work those controls back and forth, things still might improve.  The hum is a concern, and that cure may be a full capacitor replacement.  Don't let that worry you, and don't give up, you can do what every it takes to make this beauty play again.

Bill

Lars

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2019, 07:58:20 AM »
Ha! Nice to meet you Greg. I don't get way down there very often lol

Lars

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2019, 08:04:11 AM »
Ok Bill, I'll keep working the controls with Deoxit today.  I also noticed yesterday that as the console warmed up the volume came up a little bit.  I thought it was my imagination but my wife agreed.  Plus, (and I don't know if it's an improvement or not) the other side horn seemed to start crackling more than humming.  I don't know anything about this stuff except for what I've found on forums, but was hoping my efforts so far might be starting to work on this non-working side also.

I'll keep working it over today and tomorrow and see if there's any more improvement.  If not, I'll definitely need advice on that full capacitor replacement you were talking about.  I can solder if I need to but won't know what to order or what parts need replaced.

Thank you all for all the advice and encouragement so far.

Lars

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2019, 08:22:28 AM »
No matter what, you should start looking for service info.  See if you can find a complete Sam's folder for you new toy.  Check the downloads here on the forum.  If you can't find it here on the forum there maybe a member on the forum that has one.  If that fails try this site:

https://theschematicman.com/

You will need the service info before you can start replacing any parts.

Bill

Lars

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2019, 08:39:43 AM »
Ok sounds good, Bill.  Thank you again!  :D