: Tuner/amp plug for the imperial  ( 267 )

Hydrolastic

• : 28
Tuner/amp plug for the imperial
« : February 08, 2021, 05:01:50 PM »
Hello All. The Imperial has the tuner directly hardwired to the amp. It must have had a issue in the past and the repair was to eliminate the plug. I am sending it to Sam for recapping and whatever else it needs to run perfectly again so if anyone has a tuner amp plug male/female portions around let me know. Aaron

TC Chris

• : 2762
« #1 : February 08, 2021, 07:23:40 PM »
Hello All. The Imperial has the tuner directly hardwired to the amp. It must have had a issue in the past and the repair was to eliminate the plug. I am sending it to Sam for recapping and whatever else it needs to run perfectly again so if anyone has a tuner amp plug male/female portions around let me know. Aaron

Not sure what connectors this one used, but many of them were standard industry items.  If you knew the description, like "Miller plug," you could search on eBay. 

Chris Campbell

Hydrolastic

« #2 : February 08, 2021, 07:44:27 PM »
Tried to send a photo just got this message.....       The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved.     
Don't know if I did something wrong. 

Bill

• : 1984
« #3 : February 09, 2021, 09:29:54 AM »
For some reason the attachment part of the forum is not working.  Try copying and then paste it right here on the posting box.  Also, what model is your Imperial?

Bill

TC Chris

« #4 : February 10, 2021, 10:57:07 PM »
Another trick.  If yo can find a photo of a similar plug online, you can post a link to it.

Chris Campbell

Hydrolastic

« #5 : February 11, 2021, 11:30:20 PM »
Hello all. Determined from photos its a 8103 amp.  Here is a photo if it works. https://flic.kr/p/2kASrDo

Hydrolastic

« #6 : February 11, 2021, 11:36:03 PM »
Dang that worked so well i thought i would post a photo of the actual components. https://flic.kr/p/2kAW52k

Bill

« #7 : February 12, 2021, 07:56:20 AM »
Aaron, that looks just like my Imperial amp.  Those plugs are called Molex plugs.  Here's their website: 

https://www.molex.com/molex/products/group/wire_to_wire_connectors

I wish you all the best, as these plugs can be the cause of problems.  I'm guessing that's why someone eliminated them.

Bill

TC Chris

Re: Tuner/amp plug for the imperial
« #8 : February 12, 2021, 07:43:23 PM »
I just found the same page that Bill linked for Molex:
https://www.molex.com/molex/products/family/standard_062?parentKey=wire_to_wire_connectors

Feeling all proud of myself, I came back to post the link and found he had beat me to it.

But you could make do with any suitable multi-wire connector, depending upon how many conductors are involved.  Miller plugs, Octal plug & socket, etc.

Chris Campbell

Bill

« #9 : February 14, 2021, 08:35:39 AM »
I like Chris's idea.  You may have a lot less trouble if you use something different. There are nine wires in the power plug, and seven wires in the speaker plug.  That's a lot of wires, but can be done with patience and a little time.  Good Luck Aaron!

Bill

electra225

• Global Moderator
  • : 3978
« #10 : March 13, 2021, 03:02:35 PM »
One plug needs to clip into the amp chassis.  I don't see any of those listed that are the right size.  Boy, cutting the Molex connectors out is a real hack.  Somebody went to a lot of trouble to make a big mess.  Good luck.
I don't need Google.  My wife says she knows everything.