: A little reality Check.  ( 315 )

TJ

• : 324
A little reality Check.
« : February 12, 2021, 11:04:30 AM »
I am putting out another offer, to whomever it may be, to offer my assistance to get the site fully functional again.

With the site going down a couple of times, and now its limited functionality, it will never get more users unless it is fully restored.

I am on a couple of Facebook groups for Stereo Consoles, and the biggest one has over 10,000 users. The problem with Facebook groups is that there is no organization to posts like there is in a Forum. 

It would be awesome if we could get the site back to 100% so we can channel those Facebook users to this site for an organized repository of information. 

There is so much that we can do with this site, and it has helped me on many, many occasions.  I just want to give my time back to it and make it better.

End of rant, hopefully the message is received.
Trevor
My Consoles:
1962 Motorola SK112CW-FM, All original tubes
1958 Magnavox Continental - DIY Concert Grand!
1957 Magnavox Brittany - Amp 148 Magic!

danrclem

• : 615
A little reality Check.
« #1 : February 12, 2021, 11:49:43 AM »
I hope somebody takes you up on your offer Trevor.  Can you reach out to Pat directly? 

This is the most civilized site that I've ever been on and would hate to see it go.  There is lots of information here and plenty of people who are willing to help.

I made a post the other day about a free console but it didn't say exactly what I wanted it to say so I tried to edit it.  I wound up with three posts which were all basically the same thing.  It is hard to navigate but I'm glad that it's still here.

Danny

TJ

• : 324
A little reality Check.
« #2 : February 13, 2021, 08:33:01 AM »
I have tried reaching out directly while the site was down and never heard back. Bill had given me his email address and we had both emailed him with no response.
My Consoles:
1962 Motorola SK112CW-FM, All original tubes
1958 Magnavox Continental - DIY Concert Grand!
1957 Magnavox Brittany - Amp 148 Magic!

hermitcrab

• : 248
A little reality Check.
« #3 : February 13, 2021, 12:17:39 PM »
what do you need? IT help?,  monetary help? I would be willing to donate what I can ... I miss all the helpful info the site had...
Elton

chazglenn3

• : 327
A little reality Check.
« #4 : February 13, 2021, 05:30:21 PM »
I fear what we need and have not been able to find is who owns the website currently if it's not Pat, and where it's being hosted and by whom. If it is still Pat, he has not been either willing or possibly able to provide that information. And if someone else got the website partially going again, they have not made themselves known. I'm sure most, if not all of us would donate money and or time of we could. I most certainly would.
Charles
USAF Veteran

chazglenn3

• : 327
A little reality Check.
« #5 : February 13, 2021, 05:30:56 PM »
I fear what we need and have not been able to find is who owns the website currently if it's not Pat, and where it's being hosted and by whom. If it is still Pat, he has not been either willing or possibly able to provide that information. And if someone else got the website partially going again, they have not made themselves known. I'm sure most, if not all of us would donate money and or time if we could. I most certainly would.
Charles
USAF Veteran

Bill

• : 1984
A little reality Check.
« #6 : February 14, 2021, 08:20:19 AM »
I also would be willing to donate if that is what it would take to keep the site going.  When it comes to computers, I know just enough to get by doing what I need to do. I do not understand what makes them tick.  Trevor's offer to help is very generous and I hope who ever is in charge now, takes him up on his offer.  Like I have said before, it's the only forum I belong to, and you all are my family when it comes to Vintage HIFI equipment.  I do not want to see it go away again.  Thanks to who ever got it running this far, but now lets make it great again.

Thanks for listening.
Bill

firedome

• : 537
A little reality Check.
« #7 : February 14, 2021, 11:49:05 AM »
I feel the exactly the same. It needs to work well enough that people will continue using it, starting with picture posting and buttons that work. Some are staying away because of the limited functionality, and one can't blame them. Whoever is running things, we all just want to help however we can to make this place remain the best console site on the web!
Happy Motoring! from Roger in NY

hermitcrab

• : 248
A little reality Check.
« #8 : February 27, 2021, 12:31:27 PM »
My son looked at the site, he says the domain,  if up to date or accurate expires in august of this year, but contact info is redacted for privacy to who maintains the site...  as said my son would try to work on it if he could find out who runs it...
Elton

Bill

• : 1984
A little reality Check.
« #9 : February 28, 2021, 08:01:38 AM »
That's two offers to help with the forum.  I wish who ever is in charge would take you two up on your offers. 

Bill

Motorola Minion

• : 1248
  • Southern Pennsylvania
A little reality Check.
« #10 : March 02, 2021, 05:40:36 PM »
I want to contribute monetarily. My technical strength for the site may be limited to organization of downloads, A K A "resources". If it were a repository for schematics and pictures that can be easily referenced like Nostalgiaair and radioatticarchives, we may need some legal advice concerning posting of copyrighted material. That is one direction I see VHiFi taking. I am passionate about the right advertising and service information. I has to exist somewhere in a more organized way.

I am in awe of how anyone can maintain this forum. I cant even manage numerous passwords and accounts on my own sites without sticking notes all over. I post on at least seven vintage TV, radio and appliance forums. If these were all somehow "keyed in" to bulletin boards like videokarma, ARF and vintage HiFi all have wide interests posted in specific forums. Vintage HiFi was organized well as many of us have related interests, such as old radios pre-HF, test equipment, televisions and seemingly most common, Cars and Appliances!
Tubes - Magical - Tubes

Dave