Author Topic: Imperial sliding door  (Read 1066 times)

SteveJB

• View Profile
Imperial sliding door
« on: February 19, 2015, 09:00:51 PM »
I've been playing my Imperial every day this month and it sounds great.  Now I would like to fix the cabinet.  The top of the sliding door in missing something that keeps it in the track.  Does anyone have a picture of the insde top of the door that I can see to compare mine too?  I am missing what I think are plastic pieces on top that fit into the track.  I guess I could use small pieces of wood or plastic but it would be nice to see how they did it at the factory.

Maybe then I can fabricate something that will work.  Right now I have a piece of folded up felt wedged between the door and the cabinet to hold it in.

Also, did the glass panels have a handle to slide them back and forth?  Mine do not.

Steve

Harbourmaster

• Long Beach, CA 90808
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial sliding door
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 09:22:33 PM »
You should have some round plastic discs that keep the door in the track... On one edge they will be cut flat so that you can turn them to remove the door from the track if necessary.

I can try to get some pictures of mine this weekend.

Yes the sliding glass top should have a metal handle.
-- Aloha, Ken

No Console Left Behind!

SteveJB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 06:20:58 PM »
Thank you. My door thanks you too!

magpie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 09:43:24 AM »
I need one of these pieces as well, and will disassemble my door and attach a photograph of the unbroken one so you see what it looks like. I may attempt to fabricate one. I have the exact same door as you.

magpie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 10:01:04 AM »
Here is a close-up shot of the upper door slider from my imperial.