: Curtis Mathes 3226 AV cabinet  ( 3156 )

picard

• : 475
  • Pensacola. Florida
Curtis Mathes 3226 AV cabinet
« : April 25, 2016, 09:46:46 PM »
I found this cabinet gutted with a Zenith -Allegro HR587W in place of the factory radio and turntable. I love the styling of the cabinet so I had to have it. The top is almost perfect with no water rings. I need to figure out what to do with it. This is the first Curtis Mathes I have seen in this area. The small speakers are Utah's. The console was $45

Motorola Minion

• : 1270
  • Southern Pennsylvania
Re: Curtis Mathes 3226 AV cabinet
« #1 : May 19, 2016, 11:59:41 AM »
That's a fine head end for that cabinet. How do those older speakers work with it?
Allegro was Zeniths line of quality-built solid state units in the mid-70s.
I have a wedge model and the ONLY thing I do not like about it is the BSR changer.
Tubes - Magical - Tubes

Dave

picard

• : 475
  • Pensacola. Florida
Re: Curtis Mathes 3226 AV cabinet
« #2 : May 19, 2016, 07:04:05 PM »
I had to take the turntable all the way down. I'm glad I had another turntable(second to bottom pic) to look at to put it back together. The grease had turned to glue. I didn't know a newer one like this could be so gummed up. I still need to locate a belt for the eight track. I used a big rubber band to test it. I have the console in my living room with all the TV Boxes in it . I haven't tried the speakers in the cabinet yet. The Zenith is still on my workbench but it sounds great threw some old Fisher speakers.