: Packard Bell Mediterranean-Style Console  ( 2293 )

bluetantra

• : 53
Packard Bell Mediterranean-Style Console
« : March 20, 2017, 12:28:12 AM »
The Cartesian graph style tuning indicator on these consoles, with two needles operating both horizontally and vertically, has fascinated me since I was a kid and saw my first inside my father's office.  I remember the console sounding amazing in there, a room with high ceilings, plaster walls, and low-knap carpeting.  Though the consoles were of different styles, the tuner and Garrard record changer were similar to this sexy six-foot long Mediterranean beauty.  In spite of the possibility of being served divorce papers, I may have to slip off one day soon in my old pickup and try to bring this one home.
Music:  the other non-addictive, mood altering non-substance.  Ask your doctor if Music is right for you! Common side effects include but are not limited to uncontrolled head-bobbing, toe-tapping, finger snapping, selective hearing impairment, and persistent melody flashbacks.

bluetantra

• : 53
Re: Packard Bell Mediterranean-Style Console
« #1 : March 20, 2017, 12:37:33 AM »
Oh, that speaker set-up with some big honkin' drivers complemented by three smaller units for mids and highs would sound sweet driven by freshened electronics.  I can see them all peering through the crud in the speaker grill cloth.  Pity there wasn't a photo of them from the inside.  It's long enough for me to sleep on, if worse came to worst.  Probably outside on the porch.
Music:  the other non-addictive, mood altering non-substance.  Ask your doctor if Music is right for you! Common side effects include but are not limited to uncontrolled head-bobbing, toe-tapping, finger snapping, selective hearing impairment, and persistent melody flashbacks.

Motorola Minion

• : 1270
  • Southern Pennsylvania
Re: Packard Bell Mediterranean-Style Console
« #2 : March 20, 2017, 04:16:15 PM »
Very interesting and a brand seldom seen here in the far East. Would the wife be OK if you repainted it? I saw an Astrosonic in sightings with such an artisan's touch ::)
Tubes - Magical - Tubes

Dave